The Wrap Up
The Goal: The goal of this exercise is to talk about what students learned from these sessions and what they see as practical lessons they can use in their lives.
RAMP (ASCA) Mindset & Behaviors addressed and developed: Career: Take Responsibility; Handling Change / Adapting; Self Advocacy. Social/Emotional: Self Confidence; Sense of Belonging; Building Positive Peer. Relationships; Self Motivation / Self Direction; Perseverance; Overcoming Obstacles.
- Circle of chairs
- Pencil and paper
Step 1: Ask a series of open-ended questions. Feel free to guide the conversation in any direction you see fit.
- What will you take away from this group?
- What will you continue working on?
- Was there any one exercise that stuck out to you?
- Did you bond with any of the students in this group?
- Did this give you any unique ideas of how to do things in your life?
Note: If you are doing any sort of post-test / feedback form over this experience, doing it during this exercise would be the ideal time.