Career Plus: Conclusion and Resources
Now that your website is complete and completely yours, what else can you do with it?
- Use it as your online portfolio and upload your work (art, music, writing samples, etc.).
- Include it on your college/internship/job applications.
- Turn it into an entrepreneurial website.
Scroll down for additional information and resources that you can use as you continue your journey of self-discovery.
We’d like to hear about your experience. Please complete this short survey. We will use your feedback when considering improvements and changes to our course offerings.
Watch some final advice about careers:
AESTHETIC: Desire for form, harmony, balance, or beauty.
INDIVIDUALISTIC: Desire for independence, visibility, rank, or power.
SOCIAL: Desire to help others or solve society’s problems.
THEORETICAL: Desire to learn for the sake of knowledge.
TRADITIONAL: Desire to live by a personal set of principles, standards, or beliefs.
UTILITARIAN: Desire for a return on investment of time, energy, or money.
DOMINANCE: Dom / “D” How you respond to problems.
- High D: Direct, blunt, results-oriented, OK with conflict, like challenge/competition
- Low D: Deliberate, thoughtful, prefer peaceful, collaborative settings
INFLUENCING: Inf / “I” How you respond to people.
- High I: Expressive, friendly, talkative, enthusiastic, like to be around people
- Low I: Reflective, observant, quiet-thinker, focused, reserved
STEADINESS: Ste / “S” How you respond to pace.
- High S: Loyal, patient, understanding/supportive of others, like consistency/planning
- Low S: Adaptable, flexible, active, spontaneous, impromptu, like variety
COMPLIANCE: Com / “C” How you respond to process.
- High C: Logical, cautious, attentive to details, like step-by-step processes
- Low C: Independent, efficient, big-picture thinker, risk-taker, innovative
ANALYTICAL PROBLEM SOLVING: Analyzing, diagnosing, and resolving problems.
CONFLICT MANAGEMENT: Addressing and resolving conflicts for positive outcomes.
CONTINUOUS LEARNING: Taking initiative in learning new concepts and methods.
CREATIVITY/INNOVATION: Ability to formulate new approaches, ideas, concepts, and methods.
DECISION MAKING: Utilizing effective processes to make decisions.
DIPLOMACY & TACT: Effectively handling difficult or sensitive situations concerning others.
EMPATHY: Identifying with and caring about others.
FLEXIBILITY: Ability to adapt to changes.
FUTURISTIC THINKING: Imagining, envisioning or predicting what has not yet been realized.
GOAL ORIENTATION: Focusing efforts on meeting a goal, mission or objective.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Effectively communicating, building rapport, and relating well to all kinds of people.
LEADERSHIP: Achieving extraordinary results through people.
MANAGEMENT: Achieving excellent results through effective use of resources, processes, and people.
MENTORING/COACHING: Guiding and supporting the growth of others.
NEGOTIATION: Ability to bargain effectively and facilitate agreements.
PEOPLE ADVOCACY: Understanding, defending, and supporting other people’s needs and expectations.
PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY: Taking initiative and responsibility for personal actions.
PERSUASION: Ability to convince others to change the way they think, believe, or act.
PLANNING/ORGANIZING: Using orderly procedures to meet objectives.
PRESENTING: Communicating effectively to groups.
TEAMWORK: Working effectively and productively with others.
TIME AND PRIORITY MANAGEMENT: Ability to manage time and priorities, maintaining self-control.
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION: Writing clearly and getting thoughts across effectively.